Thursday, January 17, 2019

THE ABSCONDING PET

I am an employee in Airline Cargo Department. There are many different types of cargoes which needs to be transported to different countries. It was a Friday and I had a night duty, so I set off from my house and reached to my work place. Thad day, I had to supervise a cargo filled with cute pets!! I was so excited and looking forward to have a great time knowing my passion towards animals.

The first cage  I saw a Black Stallion, a beautiful horse imported from Russia. The next cage had a sweet cat called Persian Cat, she was so furry and as soft as cotton. The following cage had a colourful Macaw. He was too noisy but with long beautiful feathers and big eyes with a bright orange beak which attracted me. Finally the last cage I went to was out of the world!!! I had never seen such an adorable puppy in my life. I wished to have it too, looking at the innocence in his eyes. I hurriedly unlocked the cage door and took the puppy out. My eyes twinkled looking at it so I pet it. I cleaned him, neat and tidy; fed him with some doggy treats and cuddled him up in my lap.

At first, I thought the puppy was obeying me, it slept for a while in my lap. When it got up,  I was horrified. He was very naughty, he was jumping up and down with his spotless white fur flying. Suddenly, the leash, bright red in colour which I tied him got loose and fell from my hand, he ran down in his warehouse, went down stairs and what a mess. When my helpers came to know about this they told, "Madam, what a blunder you've done, we will have to find him by hook or by crook."

After an one hour tiring time, we were all sweating and the puppy was still not found. We had no other option but to get a puppy from nearby village. We rushed and tried to get a similar puppy as the previous one. Our flight then took off; I got down from the plane but this incident was remembered life time leaving a black spot in my work. After this experience, I never took pets out however cute they were and I was scared that puppy's owner doesn't come saying that this dog is a default, my life and work would be ruined otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment