Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A PERFECT DINNER

It was a late evening and I  came dog tired from school and was ravenous, I sat down on the dining table and satisfied my hunger with a salad, gobbling it down in a flash. As soon as I finished eating,  I changed my clothes and was all set to continue my day. I entered my room, but it was dark inside. I sat on my study table and tried hard to switch on the table light. After fiddling for a while, I gave up.

Hearing the commotion my family and me rushed downstairs. We realized that our whole area was blacked out. The officers from the Electrical Department came out to our building premises and notified that there is no need to worry and one of the wires burned out and the electrical department is working to fix it. My friends from my building were present too. They were all petrified with the darkness, but me being an innovative girl switched on the torch and kept swaggering about it.

We went back home until my mom just realized there were guests coming home!!!! How hassled she was couldn't be determined. I and my brother chit chatted on the comfortable sofa while my mom was walking up and down around the living room and kitchen in frustration.

I gathered all the courage and came up to my mom and asked "Mom relax, what is the problem. Can I help you, please calm down" She replied, "oh my sweetie Mihu thanks for your help, but you are still quite young, how can you help me. Anyways, guests are coming home and the whole area has been blacked out. How would they manage to come home and even if they succeed in coming home in this darkness; how would they have dinner....hahahaha...what if they dip the roti in the chutney, how hilarious that will be and we all are sweating so profusely because of the summers''.

I started churning my brain to get a solution for my mom. I wanted to challenge my mother that in spite of my age, I can come up with a solution. After a while, I came up with an amazing idea which solved our problem. With a sense of achievement, I said, "Why don't we have a candlelight dinner". My mom heard this and she jumped with delight, she approved my idea; hugged me tight and arranged a candlelight dinner and we were all ready to welcome our guests. My mom was worried about one more issue, "how could they come up climbing 18 floors? The lifts were not working due to blackout". Oops.......I said that out just aloud. My mom got upset again. In contrast, the guests came and climbed 18 floors. When they reach our house, they were perspiring. I served them with a glass of cold refreshing lime juice and then we enjoyed our Candle Light Dinner.

This was a good experience for all of us in the family of a Perfect Dinner. 

15 comments:

  1. One more beautiful story....masstt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mihika
    Great !!!
    Would like to read more.
    Keep up.
    All the best.
    Shreemama Leena Mami

    ReplyDelete
  3. refreshing mind while reading Mihika blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice conceptualisation Mihika, keep writing. All the best. Just to add the pun. I am wondering where were the men..when you were assisting your mom to ensure a gr8 dinner experience for your guests.. well written though, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Mihika. .keep up the good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good vocabulary and good use of figures of speech. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting story and kudos to u for using good words and coming up with nice ideas. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really innovative Mihu!!

    ReplyDelete