Thursday, March 21, 2019

SPRING CLEANING

"Ah!!! at last I have finished my homework, now I can just sit with my phone and relax", I said to myself in sigh of relief. But as was having a good time with my phone, mom came in the room and scolded me by saying, "Again you are on the phone; back in my days we were not glued on that phone. We used to always be playing in the ground, in fresh air during our younger days. Physically we were very active, we used to get injured so many times while playing but still we used to go and play on the ground. Instead of wasting time on that gadget go down and play. Get some physical exercise, get away from that phone right away", Irritably, I responded, "Mom I just took the phone in my hand right now and I am really not interested to know what use to happen in your young days; I don't want to get injured and hospitalized by breaking my leg by playing in the open ground. Anyways, I am taking the phone only for 20 minutes, Please mom; Please allow me." I don't think mom was quite happy with my reply looking at her reaction. I handed her my phone looking at her fierce expressions.

After a while mom came in my room and commanded me to clean my room. Moans and groans didn't move my mother and I had to make my room all neat and tidy. I started cleaning my bed, I changed to new bed sheet and put my blanket for cleaning. Following, I arranged all my fancy pillows and all of my cute soft toys. The next thing on my list was to make my wardrobe spic and span. I got a some dry and wet sponge wipes and cleaned all the inside part of the drawers and shelves. I folded my clothes and put the uncleaned ones in the laundry basket. I gathered all my highlighters, pens, pencils, sketch pens and pen pencils. I put all these in a colorful jar and placed the jar on my study table. Then I did some cuttings and decorated my green colored pin up board. I washed the glass statues which were kept on my window. I opened up the curtains for some natural light. I checked my windows and they were not looking clean. They were not clean and transparent. I took some Lizol cleaner and a news paper to clean my glass windows. After thorough cleaning, finally I could say that my windows were clean and transparent.

"Cough! Cough !!" Don't worry it was just that thick dust which went in my nose when I removed one book from the bookshelf. I tied a napkin around my nose to avoid dust. I removed all the books and dusted the old wooden shelf. Then I arranged all the books author wise and now my room was really looking very clean. But when I looked at the floor there was some dust around. I broomed the dust out. Then I swept it with a clean mop. I kept cleaning, until I could see my face on the sparkling white floor. Now, I could say my room was clean.

I heard my mom's footsteps because of her slippers which make an annoying sound. Maybe she is getting choco chips cookies and lemonade. Surely, I was right she really got that stuff and said lovingly, "Good girl, good job my little princess. These are the cookies for your good job, enjoy them with your favorite lemonade". Just to swagger and impress her I took the vacuum cleaner. Though I had never used one, I thought I was quite well versed with it. I also assured mom, " I will eat my snacks and then get ready for dinner later, it that okay?". She nodded her head happily.

I switched on the vacuum cleaner and everything was okay but I couldn't resist eating those cookies, so I increase the speed of vacuum cleaner to extra fast. Then.....boom...crash....crack...thud.All my curtains were torn, photo frames were lying on the floor. I also dropped my favorite glass with lemonade in it.  I could not see my cookies until..Krrrrrrrrrrr.... I was standing on the cookie crumbs and this was an another disaster day for me where I lost even the chance of eating my favorite cookies.

Not only that my room was dirty and it seemed dumping ground. I heard mom coming again. Yeah... it was her. She was horrified looking at the condition of the room and screamed, "Nothing is going to happen with this girl, I will have to clean the whole room myself." Looking at mom, I was scared as she was as red as a tomato. Hence, I crawled down her hand as fast as Usain Bolt and hid myself in the laundry room. Fewww!!!! I think I can't sleep in my room tonight and am going to have dreams of my dirty room instead of Unicorns.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone,hope you all enjoy this new blog😄😄

    ReplyDelete